Hover Carnage is undergoing constant tumultuous development. If you would
like to contribute, but don't know how to get
started, here are some ideas of what you can do:
I highly encourage you to dive right into the Hover Carnage source code. I
comment my code profusely and try to make everything as clear as possible.
Please contact me if you're at all
interested in working on an aspect of the game, whether it be a single
patch, a new model, or even just play testing. I'll happily accept any and all
- play testing: Tell us your ideas on how to improve gameplay.
- bug reports: No matter how tiny the bug, we want to hear about it.
- code: OpenGL, networking, physics, AI, user interface, weapons, etc.
- models / textures: We're always in need of artwork.
- sound / music: A good explosion is so hard to come by.
- porting: FreeBSD, MacOS X, whatever floats your boat.
For those who would like to participate in development or just suggest
some new ideas for the game, please join our
Carnage development mailing list.
The most up-to-date (and likely broken) Hover Carnage source code is always
available via CVS on
Sourceforge. You can either download the source or browse it online.
If you find a bug in the game, you can either email me about it or submit a bug report. I
highly encourage you to speak up about anything, even if it's just that you
can't get the program to compile, or you want to suggest a cool new feature.
The only way that I can improve Hover Carnage based on your feedback is if I
actually receive your feedback!